About Department of Education
About Department of Education
World University of Bangladesh (WUB) prefers introduction of professional and job oriented courses. Department of Education offers two professional programs. They are Bachelor of Education (B. Ed) is one (1) year program and Master of Education (M. Ed) is one (1) year program. Bachelor of Education (B. Ed) and Master of Education (M. Ed) courses are professional degree that prepares students to work as teachers in schools and colleges. These programs devote mainly on pedagogical courses and thereby produce trained teachers, supervisors and educational administrators essential for teaching and management of the Primary, Secondary and Higher Secondary levels of education. So these programs are very important and significant. World University of Bangladesh (WUB) emphasis also to include human rights, gender, value education and other life skills. The objectives of education department to develop ability of logical thinking, rationality and mental faculty of human being so that they can resolve their challenges of day-to-day life and of the coming days rationality and efficiently.
World University of Bangladesh (WUB) established under the private University Act, 1992 (amended in 1998), approved and recognized by the Ministry of Education, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh and the University Grants Commission (UGC) of Bangladesh is a leading university for utilitarian education. The University is governed by a board of trustees constituted as per private universities Act 2010 which is a non-profit making concern. The university is a member of the Association of Private Universities in Bangladesh, Association of Common Wealth Universities and Quality Assurance & Improvement Council and appears in the worldwide listing of universities by the UNESCO.
Although the formal approval to start operation of the World University of Bangladesh was received on February 26, 2003, the ground work for the university began in early part of 2000, Now the university on entering its 18th year of operation has all needed infrastructural facilities and highly qualified teachers in its 3 faculties and 12 departments with 28 programs at day and evening.
World University of Bangladesh is destined to provide utilitarian education for economic emancipation without undermining the national ideals and aspirations and is authorized to offer courses and award degrees, diplomas, certificates on its own. At present it has credit transfer arrangements and academic collaborations with some universities in UK, USA, Australia and the Caribbean.
The university had its first convocation on 28th October 2008, where 10000+ students received degree from the Hon’ble President of People’s Republic of Bangladesh and Chancellor of World University of Bangladesh. (Also see our website: www.wub.edu.bd). As many as 5000+ students are now ready for conferment of degrees in the up-coming convocation. None of its degree holders is unemployed implying its emphasis on quality education with utilitarian bent.
This university is the pioneer in introducing degree programs for the Diploma Engineers; B.Sc. in Mechatronics Engineering (MTE) & Master of Business Education (MBE) in this part of the world. The MTE program also known as electro-Mechanical engineering in few western countries is a synergistic combination of a number of basic engineering and administrative courses. As such, it is a highly demanding course at home and abroad. The MBE program is meant for people destined to make career in teaching of business related subjects and for those willing to make a career in practical business world in short span of time. We have few Institutes and various types of collaboration programs. All of our programs are approved by the UGC. We publish some journals which have earned appreciation at home and abroad.
The vision of the Department of education is to produce graduates having sports professional and effective classroom teachers with leadership in education and teaching qualities with focuses on quality initiative. Empowering educators, transforming lives, impacting all tiers and sectors of education by preparing dynamic leaders and practitioners in teaching, research and management having content excellence. Pedagogical competence, commitment, integrity, value education, social transformation and sustainable development are the main focuses of the department.
- To produce competent classroom teachers for public and private schools of secondary level.
- To prepare educational leaders, managers, educationists, researchers and curriculum developers for the nation.
- To improve quality of teachers through pre-service and in-service teacher education.
- To motivate the youths towards educational professions.
- To learn and contribute through linkages with national and international academic community.
- To take equity measures and address the needs of the divergent learners effectively.
- Demonstrate foundational knowledge in the field of education.
- Demonstrate competence in evaluating and conducting research and scholarship in education.s
- Communicate effectively with multiple constituencies in teaching and learning.
- Demonstrate skills in collaboration and in leadership.
- Demonstrate skills in cultural competence and global formation in education.
- Develop the perception of the learners on the discipline of education as a life-long activity.
- Facilitate learners to participate actively for the educational development of the society.
- Prepare learners on content excellence, pedagogical and commitment.
- Expose learners on curriculum development, management skills and research.
- Make the learners competent in evaluation and assessment techniques.
- Ensure learners’ moral and ethical education.
Well-equipped class rooms and state of the art labs and modern teaching aids
WUB Lab Pictures
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty members.
- Student scholarship.
- Student-friendly fee and payment system.
- Hostel facilities for ladies & rural students.
- Teaching with full time teachers.
- Students’ involvement with professional, social and cultural organizations.
- Different performance based scholarship & stipend.
- Friday & Evening classes.
- The campus is under Wi-Fi facilities.