Bachelor of Education
A Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) is an undergraduate professional degree which prepares students for work as a teacher in schools and colleges, though in World University of Bangladesh (WUB) also done the additional work must be in order for the students to be fully qualified to teach.
The major objectives of this program are to:
- Create skilled and able teachers for teaching in the secondary and higher secondary levels of education.
- Provide knowledge of selected academic subjects.
- Produce efficient and proficient teachers with commitment to the national ideals and inspirations.
- Promote and provide facilities for advanced study and research in education.
- Provide teaching and guidance in order to prepare candidates for higher degrees.
- Provide courses of further study for those already qualified to engage in educational work.
The program will have an on-campus and distance learning based mode of delivery. A variety of instructional strategies will be used as follows—
- Lecture followed by group discussion
- Guided Discussion
- Project Method
- Participatory approach
- Review of articles, books/films.
- A combination of English and Bengali will be followed as media of instruction.
- Online delivery of courses with the help of a web portal for students dispersed by distance.
A student must complete 10 courses for graduation that is he/she must earn a total of 48 credits. Minimum GPA for graduation is 2.50 on a scale of 4.00.